GLOBAL ADAS MARKET 2020 – 2025
Passenger cars aren’t the only vehicles dependent on advanced driver-assistance systems. OEMs have now started to integrate these technologies into commercial vehicles and two- wheelers as well.
As of March 2020, there are 21 ADAS technologies on offer across the globe. ABS, ESC and Rear-view camera have almost reached saturation and the ADAS market growth in coming years will be driven by vision based technologies.
Lower light vehicle production levels, globally has started to weigh on ADAS suppliers` balance sheets faster than expected. Continued weakness in Europe and China auto production,particularly in the first half of 2020, due to Corona Virus concerns is a new threat to ADAS market.
Upcoming new product launches with inclusion of ADAS are an important growth driver in this declining auto production environment. Adoption of many new ADAS technologies is driven by the sharpening of the present EU NCAP requirements and much stricter 2025 legislation. It is significantly driving the list of comfort features and ADAS content per vehicle.
COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ADAS MARKET
In collaboration Bosch, TomTom and Daimler announced a smart cruise control for commercial vehicles.
Ford has recently announced that it will offer Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection,forward collision warning, post-collision braking, and a lane-keeping system as standard on upcoming Transit EV.
US ADAS MARKET
- Hill start assist is now available as a standard fitment on 20 out of top 30 best-selling vehicles
- Among Japanese OEMs, Toyota has been offering Pre-collision Assist with Emergency braking as standard on all its vehicles for past 2 years. Subaru now also offers the same as standard on its best-sellers, Outback and Forester
- Adaptive Cruise control is offered as standard by Honda, Subaru and Mazda on all top -selling vehicles
- Rear-cross path detection is now standard on 7 out of top-30 best selling vehicles
- Front pedestrian detection is expected to grow at double digits for next 5 years in the US market. At present, only 9 out of top 30 best-selling vehicles get it and most as an optional extra
RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN ADAS MARKET
Bosch and Daimler are uniting to propel the improvement of completely robotized and driverless driving. The two organizations have gone into an advancement consent to bring completely computerized and driverless heading to urban streets by the start of the following decade.
Veoneer will launch it`s first L2 Plus ADAS(Driver Assist features like highway assist, Lane centering control, adaptive cruise control, Automatic emergency braking, traffic sign and light recognition and automated high beam control) in the market in H1- 2020.
Continental recently announced its collaboration with Germany-based startup company Automotive Artificial Intelligence (AAI) to create Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) capacities for the automotive.The new technologies will be created by simulating virtual environment.AAI has the competence to create virtual environments based on HD-maps and AI-driven road-users.
ZF introduced a ZF coPILOT, intelligent advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) to enhance safety and driving comfort.
Valeo and WABCO have memorandum of understanding (MoU) to carry the most recent dynamic safety technologies to the commercial vehicles showcase so as to ensure in traffic and empower self-sufficient driving features. The two organizations state this MoU will empower Valeo and WABCO to assume a main lead in the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Automated Driving (AD) for commercial vehicles.
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- ADAS Penetration by OEM, by region, by technology-2020
- ADAS Installation trend in past 5 years
- Market Size and Forecast, by geography($M),2020-2025
- Opportunities and risks in Global ADAS Market
- Important technology trends and regulatory changes
- 5 key predictions for next 5 years in Global ADAS Market
- Competitive landscape and market share of leading vendors