Wing mirrors/ side view mirrors play a very important role in driver`s visibility. But the mirrors have their shortcomings in the sense that they have excessive glare at night, reduced visibility in rain and blind spot on many occasions.
Technology wise, the side-view mirrors have remained the same for many years except light-weighting, heating, and integration of Blind spot warning system. But now with the integration of camera and associated electronics, the automotive wing mirror mounted camera system will be a high value-high priced product.
The automotive wing mirror mounted camera system not just improve safety but also reduce wind noise and air drag (improves fuel economy). The fuel economy improvement part of the wing mirror camera can be instrumental in improving 3-4% range on a Battery electric vehicle (BEV) and thus they have a stronger business proposition there.
AUTOMOTIVE WING MIRROR CAMERA SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT TIMELINE
THE REGULATION ISSUE
The Automotive Wing Mirror Camera System Market will face resistance in adoption not just due to price premium but non-uniform regulations. In US, world`s second biggest auto market ($660-$680 Billion in annual sales) the regulators have still not legalized a mirrorless vehicle. Although, Japanese regulators changed the rules to allow mirrorless cars in June 2016, after UN`s world forum for harmonization of vehicle regulations approved the use of cameras in 2015.
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
In the initial introduction phase i.e. 2019-2021, we expect the automotive wing mirror camera systems to be an optional extra in many vehicles and standard on select BEVs and premium cars.
The automotive wing mirror camera system market is estimated at $XXM opportunity in 2019 and $YYM by 2025
Ficosa, Denso, Ichokoh have been at the forefront of developing the wing mirror camera technology and Hyundai Mobis is now the latest entrant to the market.
The automotive wing mirror camera system market will face stiff competition from low priced options like electronic rear view camera, like the one developed by Panasonic- Ficosa collaboration.
The role of image processor, camera, display companies has already become bigger than before in the auto industry due to ongoing research on autonomous cars. The growth of automotive wing mirror camera system market will further augment that.
- Valeo S.A.
- Denso Corporation
- Ichikoh Industries Ltd
- Magna International
- Ficosa Corporation
- Hyundai Mobis Co, Ltd
THIS REPORT WILL ANSER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Which region will be the biggest automotive wing mirror camera system market in 2019-2025? Which vehicle segment offers highest growth opportunity and why?
- Which OEMs will be the early adopter of this system?
- Past rear view mirror trends in mass and luxury segment
- Impact of electronic rear view camera mandate on wing mirror camera system market?
- Will US regulation for mirrorless vehicles change or it will remain the same?
- Which vehicle segments hold the key for growth of global automotive wing mirror camera system market?
- Co-relation of Wing mirror camera system growth with Electric vehicle market
- Average B-2-B price and gross margin for suppliers
- Market share of leading suppliers and their future growth strategies
- OEM-supplier alignment in global automotive wing mirror camera system market?
- Details on supply chain-Who will be the leading supplier of sub-components-screen, camera, software etc