Global Automotive Wireless Modem Module Market
- Majority of the developments and new investments across the globe pertaining to connected car market are focused on software but the hardware providers will have to update their processor with higher speeds to support the cutting edge software
- US, which has 49% penetration of embedded connectivity is the largest market in terms of connected cars which can get in-car delivery and conveniently use them to automatically pay tolls, parking fees, and smart charging for electric vehicles.
- In Japan, Toyota Motor Corp. and Nissan Motor Co. risk being held back at their home market. Japanese consumers are reluctant to pay for such features. That has resulted in only 10 percent of cars on Japan’s roads having embedded connectivity
- Most of the car companies in china are providing voice-controlled features on Navigation, AC, Sunroof, Multimedia system and phone where in US and Europe provide LTE services for faster Communication
- Among emerging markets like India witnessed the launch of mass segment e-sim equipped vehicles only in 2019 with Hyundai-KIA and MG(SAIC) at the forefront
RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN AUTOMOTIVE WIRELESS MODEM MODULE MARKET
Sep 2019– Unex (specializes in V2X (vehicle-to-everything) systems), teamed up with semi-conductor major ST Microelectronics to integrate Unex’s SOM-301 V2X System-on-Module onto STMicroelectronics’ Telemaco3P Modular Telematics Platform
Sep 2019– Trimble and Qualcomm Technologies will together produce precise-positioning solutions for select automotive applications. The companies will integrate Trimble’s RTX technology with select Qualcomm snapdragon Automotive 4G and 5G platforms
Sep 2019– Synopsys has announced new functional safety based on another source of its DesignWare ARC processor IP to simplify and accelerate the development of automotive System-on-chips (SoCs)
July 2019- Cohda Wireless, a connected autonomous vehicle company announced a new dedicated hardware solution(MK6C) for C-V2X applications.The company is promoting it for incorporation in large-scale field trials
June 2019– HARMAN International launched a new dual-mode V2X system, which will be available from 2021 model-year vehicles. It features software and hardware that can operate either with Harman’s telematics control units (TCUs) or as a standalone unit for vehicles utilizing separate TCUs.
Feb 2018– Audi of America became the first auto manufacturer to launch a vehicle-integrated toll payment technology. The Integrated Toll Module, or ITM, is a toll transponder built into the vehicle’s rear-view mirror
- In US, Top Selling Ford vehicles like F150, Escape, Explorer, Edge, Fusion is provided with 4G LTE WIFI hotspot powered by Ford Pass app and has 8-inch touch screen Display as Standard. Most of these vehicles have Android Auto and Apple car Play as Standard on Higher trim.
- In China ,on Geely`s best-selling cars like Boyue, Emgrand, Binyue, Jiaji, e-Sim Options are provided on higher trims but Mobile interconnect services like Apple car play and Baidu car life is not Provided. Haval(Great Wall Motors) cars like H6(best-selling SUV in China), F7 are provided with e-Sim on higher trims. H6 get Mobile interconnect services like Apple car Play and Baidus car life as option on higher trims. These cars are equipped with 8 inch and 9-inch center console touch display as standard on higher trims.
- In Volkswagen( the market leader in China) Baidu’s car life is optional on Lavida, Sagitar, Bora, Jetta, Passat and Magotan
- In terms of smartphone connectivity, various connectivity systems of OEMs exist, such as MirrorLink, mySPIN, Smart Device Link/AppLink and OpenCar. MirrorLink from CCC (which includes VW, Peugeot, Honda and others) mirrors the device display to the vehicle display via a cable
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The automotive wireless module market is a small derivative of global connected car market
Partnership between Car manufacturers and semi-conductor companies if the #1 trend in the connected car market. Qualcomm Technologies and Ford Motor company are working together for the development of advanced connectivity systems for Ford vehicles and testing (C-V2X) technology.
The future of connected car technology will rely on advantage of crowd-sourced data and AI technologies, to stream content data/ faster rate and much more intuitive than present gen systems.
Automotive wireless module manufacturers are increasing their dollar content per vehicle due to ongoing integration of ADAS with car connectivity. In the next three years, Harman will increase production of digital cockpit units (DCUs) and TCUs from the Chakan, India from its current 200,000 units to over 2.5 million units annually.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- Murata wireless innovations
- Laird Connectivity
- Alps Electric
- Ignite outsourcing
- Sierra wireless
- Marvell Semiconductor
- LM technologies
THIS AUTOMOTIVE WIRELESS MODULE MARKET REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- The most important in-car connectivity trends, by vehicle segment
- Important partnerships and developments in wireless modules that will affect the outlook of global connected car market
- Size of automotive wireless module market per annum in top 10 EV markets globally,2019-2025
- Average B-2-B price of wireless module in US, Europe and China
- Upcoming high volume platforms and their wireless module configuration
- OE-supplier alignment in automotive wireless modem module market