Global Bus Engine Market 2020-2025
China is world’s biggest bus engine market, followed by India and Europe.The China bus market has 25 players in total, accounting for 0.5 Million units per annum cumulatively .
The bus market in China is estimated at $10 Billion per annum. The electric bus market in China was estimated at ~70,000 units in 2019 or ~14% of overall bus market in terms of volume, de-growing by 30% YOY.
INDIA BUS ENGINE MARKET
- In India TATA MOTORS is Largest bus Manufacturer with complete range of transit Vehicles and manufactures a variety of premium buses and Coaches. Tata Offers 12-67 Seater Fully Built Buses and 4m-16m length chassis.
- Conventional Buses which run on diesel engines range from 5L to 6.7L and produce a power of 220hp to 296hp and all these Smart Buses are provided with Hydraulic power steering with adjustable steering column as Steering system.
- The Engines used in these Buses are 4 Cylinder Engine and producing power ranging from 100HP to 177HP and a torque of 450Nm to 660Nm.
- Ashok Leyland offers buses in Intermediate Commercial Vehicle (ICV) and Medium Commercial Vehicle (MDV) Segment of market.
EUROPE BUS ENGINE MARKET
There are four major Bus OEMs in Europe, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, Scania and MAN.
- Mercedes Benz employs its trusted and proven OM 936h and OM470 Diesel engines on it`s best selling Citaro, OC 500 and Tourismo Series. The engine displacement is 7.7L for OM 936 and 10.7L for OM 470 producing peak power of 220kW and 265kW respectively.
- Volvo employs D5K, D8K, and D11k engines on its best-selling buses like B8R, B11R and B5TL.The engine displacements are 5.1L, 7.7L and 11L producing peak power of 240hp, 280 hp and 360hp
- MAN has 27 bus models in its portfolio, and they are under Lion Brand. The D 2676 LOH common Rail 6-cylinder diesel engine(12.6L) powers the intercity coaches. For city transit application D2066 LUH Euro 6 diesel/ E2876 LUH Euro 6 Gas engines are used
- Scania has just 9 bus models in its portfolio and they are powered either by a DC 9 or a DC13 series engine. The power output ranges from 280 to 410 hp for aforementioned engines
CHINA BUS ENGINE MARKET
Unlike India and Europe, where bus manufacturers in-source Diesel Engines, the OEMs in China rely on external engine suppliers.
- Cummins and Yuchai are the leading engine providers in China bus engine market
- Yuchai`sYC4G Series and YC6J Series are most sought after by many bus manufacturers
- Cummins ISB 6.7 is second most popular engine found on multiple models of Yutong and Kinlong
- The power output of Bus engines in China ranges from 180 to 350 hp
- TATA MOTORS
- Ashok Leyland
- Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co. Ltd.
- Shenlong Bus
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Market Size and Forecast, by geography($M)
- Opportunities and risks in Bus Engine Market
- Important technology trends and regulatory changes
- 5 key predictions for next 5 years in Bus Engine market
- Competitive landscape and market share of leading vendors
- OE-Supplier alignment in regional Bus engine market
- Market breakup by important engine components like Piston, Turbocharger, Fuel Injection System and Exhaust after-treatment
|2||Scope of the report|
|7||Insights from Industry stakeholders|
|8||Cost breakdown of Product by sub-components and average profit margin|
|9||Disruptive innovation in the Industry|
|10||Technology trends in the Industry|
|11||Consumer trends in the industry|
|12||Recent Production Milestones|
|13||Component Manufacturing in US, EU and China|
|14||COVID-19 impact on overall market|
|15||COVID-19 impact on Production of components|
|16||COVID-19 impact on Point of sale|
|17||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Geography, 2020-2025|
|18||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Product Type, 2020-2025|
|19||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Application, 2020-2025|
|20||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by End use, 2020-2025|
|21||Product installation rate by OEM, 2020|
|22||Incline/Decline in Average B-2-B selling price in past 5 years|
|23||Competition from substitute products|
|24||Gross margin and average profitability of suppliers|
|25||New product development in past 12 months|
|26||M&A in past 12 months|
|27||Growth strategy of leading players|
|28||Market share of vendors, 2020|
|30||Unmet needs and opportunity for new suppliers|