GLOBAL CATAMARAN MARKET
- Catamarans comprise ~20-25% of total annual sailboat production in US.
- More than 10 boat companies have launched alternative energy powered catamarans in past 2 years Use of recyclable materials including recycled aluminium, cork ,carbon fibre and plant-based alternatives is on the rise
- Greater displacements, higher speeds, and a bigger sitting area are among the most sought after features in the rapidly evolving power catamaran market
- There has been a growing interest in solar/battery powered catamaran which can achieve 6-7 knots per hour and about 100 nautical miles per day
Catamarans are wide and tall, thus more spacious than a monohull of comparable size. Due to higher stability at the outset, catamarans can have bigger superstructures even at smaller lengths.
Today, catamarans occupy a strong niche in the overall market.
NEW ALTERNATIVE ENERGY POWERED CATAMARAN DEVELOPMENT
Oct 2019-The Sunreef 60 E has all-carbon fibre bimini with in-built curved solar panels generating 4.5 kW. Carbon fibre has also been used for the mast and boom
Feb 2019– A new yacht company in the Netherlands, Vaan Yachts, has introduced its first-ever model. The Vaan R4 is a 42 ft catamaran made om recycled materials, including recycled aluminium, and plant-based alternatives for leather.
Feb 2019 -The electric version of the VOYAGE 480 uses two electric motors for propulsion and a hugebank of lithium batteries to power systems and equipment, including air conditioning and a water maker
There is growing demand for catamarans which offer the conveniences of a large yacht like topside summer kitchen , cockpit seating for over 15+ adults, and two comfortable cabins for overnight stay.
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The global catamaran market is estimated at XX thousand units worth ~$XX M revenue per annum.
- Lagoon(Group Beneteau)
- Alliaura Marine (Privilège)
- Fusion Catamarans
- Voyage Yachts
- Royal Cape Catamarans
- Broadblue Catamarans
- Fortuna Catamarans
- Chantier Catana
- Admiral Yacht Manufacturers
- Aquila Power Catamarans
- Catana Catamarans
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Market Size and Forecast of catamaran market, by region, by price and by length(Volume and Value)
- Trends,risks, drivers and opportunities in global catamaran market
- Market share of Catamaran suppliers
- Opportunity for solar module and battery manufacturers, kitchen equipment, telematics, sail fabric suppliers
- Growth strategy of catamaran manufacturers and opportunity in charter market