Multi User License - $2,999
It is stated that despite recent increases in export fees, Egypt’s fertilizer sector will continue to increase production and exports.
Egypt is already a major player in the global fertilizer market and will likely strengthen its position over the next three years as domestic consumption stagnates and production rises, allowing businesses to increase exports, particularly to sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) regions.
Nitrogen fertilizer is produced more frequently than phosphate and potash, but it appears that phosphate production is also expanding.
Nonetheless, the production gap between the two is anticipated to widen as a result of the nitrogen investment focus.
Egypt’s fertilizer exporters will look for new markets in MENA and Africa due to “lackluster” consumption in their current primary markets.
Some governments’ efforts to subsidize private sector fertilizer imports will likely increase Sub-Saharan Africa’s current low fertilizer consumption, and the absence of significant local producers presents an opportunity for Egyptian businesses to become strategic partners in the region.However, it points out that Africa’s fertilizer imports are unlikely to see significant growth until almost the end of the decade.
The International Fertilizer Industry Association predicts that Egypt will benefit from a reduction in phosphoric fertilizer production capacity in the Americas, which will increase import demand in the coming years.
The United States, Brazil, and Uruguay have been the most popular destinations for exports of Egyptian phosphate fertilizer.Phosphate fertilizer was primarily supplied by Egypt to Brazil.
The Egypt Fertilizer Market accounted for $XX Billion in 2021 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2022 to 2030.
A new production line for some compound fertilizers is being planned by the Egyptian Financial and Industrial Company (EFIC).
The project will be announced within three to six months, and the company is currently having discussions about doing so at the Board of Directors level.It is anticipated that 80 percent of the production from the new line will be exported, while the remaining 20 percent will be sold locally.
This new product line has taken the place of plans for a potassium sulfate production line.
In the meantime, it is anticipated that EFIC will maintain its 55-60% share of the local market The remaining 10% of the company’s production volume was exported, while 90% of it was sold locally. It intends to expand its level of commodity deals. Due to a stockpile of inventory and to cover the rise in sulphur prices brought on by cold weather, management anticipates an increase in working capital.
Sulphuric Acid, Powder Single Super Phosphate, and Granulated Single Super Phosphate, as well as Single Super Phosphate, are all produced at EFIC’s two plants in Egypt. Sulphuric Acid, Single Super Phosphate-SSP, Granulated Single Super Phosphate-GSSP, Ammonium Sulphate, and Di-Calcium Phosphate are produced and exported by the Suez Company for Fertilizers, a 99.9%-owned subsidiary of EFIC.
Due to their correlation, the funding plan for the new production line and the IPO or merger plans of the Suez Company are linked.If EFIC went with the Suez Company IPO, they would gain cash in the short term but lose some of the Suez Company’s profits in the long run.
© Copyright 2017-2022. Mobility Foresights. All Rights Reserved.