Instead of powering the yacht’s main propulsion, the fuel cell will either run the house load—which primarily consists of electricity and air conditioning—in blissful silence for 15 days or propel the boat slowly and without emitting any pollutants for 1,000 miles.
Recreational yachting is about to be introduced to the hydrogen fuel cell. Similar to conventional batteries, hydrogen fuel cells don’t burn anything or emit any emissions while they generate electricity.
However, as long as there is a steady supply of fuel, hydrogen cells do not deplete or require recharge like batteries do.
The Global Fuel cell yacht market accounted for $XX Billion in 2022 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2023 to 2030.
A 50m superyacht with hydrogen fuel cells has been launched by Sanlorenzo. This will be the first 50-metre motor yacht to be constructed with this technology.
Before making the technology available to the company’s customers, they funded the creation and testing of it by purchasing the first hydrogen-fueled Sanlorenzo motor yacht.
Sanlorenzo and Siemens Energy have entered into an exclusive agreement for the cooperative development of technologies for incorporating fuel cells in the 24- to 80-metre yachting industry.
According to the agreement between Sanlorenzo and Siemens Energy, both yachts above 50 metres will have a new generation of diesel electric propulsion systems.
With the help of the creative solution, Sanlorenzo boats with the propulsion system will be able to produce electricity even when the generators and engines are not running.
This will increase the amount of time spent at anchor and while manoeuvring without using fuel. The business further said that this “Net-zero GHG emission” technology can fit in the restricted area on board.
1. How many Fuel cell yachts are manufactured per annum globally? Who are the sub-component suppliers in different regions?
2. Cost breakup of a Fuel cell yacht transformer and key vendor selection criteria
3. Where is the Fuel cell yacht manufactured? What is the average margin per unit?
4. Market share of Fuel cell yacht transformer market manufacturers and their upcoming products
5. Cost advantage for OEMs who manufacture Fuel cell yacht transformer in-house
6. 5 key predictions for next 5 years in Fuel cell yacht transformer market
7. Average B-2-B Fuel cell yacht market price in all segments
8. Latest trends in Fuel cell yacht market, by every market segment
9. The market size (both volume and value) of the Fuel cell yacht market in 2023-2030 and every year in between?
10. Production breakup of Fuel cell yacht market, by suppliers and their OEM relationship
© Copyright 2017-2023. Mobility Foresights. All Rights Reserved.