HONG KONG ELECTRIC BUS MARKET
In Hong Kong’s century-long history of public bus services, the introduction of the double-decker electric buses marks another significant turning point. With a 450kWh battery, the electric double-decker bus has an estimated range of more than 200km.
The government committed to buy 36 electric buses for the city’s transportation businesses in an effort to enhance roadside air quality and lower greenhouse gas emissions from petrol-powered buses. The five buses were the first to go on the road.
Electric buses don’t emit any exhaust. In Hong Kong, a successful switch from conventional diesel franchised buses to electric buses might dramatically improve the air quality along the highways.
HONG KONG ELECTRIC BUS MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The Hong Kong Electric bus market accounted for $XX Billion in 2021 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2022 to 2030.
The road map for reaching carbon neutrality includes the addition of new electric vehicles by Hong Kong bus operator KMB. New buses on Route 6 through Nathan Road, go into operation.
The company will stop purchasing buses with diesel engines and eventually run an entirely electric fleet.
The 16 brand-new neon-green buses on Route 6, which connects Tsim Sha Tsui Pier and Lai Chi Kok, entered service. The 8 km route travels via Nathan Road, a major road, and takes less than an hour to complete.
The fifth wave of Covid-19 prevented the bus operator from launching the buses on schedule before the Lunar New Year. It intends to operate an entirely electric fleet.
The 81 passenger capacity of the new single-deck buses is 16% larger than that of the previous model. In addition to preventing the battery from overheating, a new water-cooling system also lowers the likelihood of malfunctions.
Single-deck buses now only require one hour and 40 minutes to charge instead of the previous two hours, and they can go 200 km on a single charge. According to Lam, the buses can operate for an entire day on a single full charge.
- Great Dragon International Corp. Ltd.
- Confidence Motors Limited
- China Dynamics Limited
- Regal Motors Limited
- AB Volvo
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- What is the average cost per Hong Kong Electric bus market right now and how will it change in the next 5-6 years?
- Average cost to set up an Electric bus market in Hong Kong?
- How many Hong Kong Electric bus markets are manufactured per annum globally? Who are the sub-component suppliers in different regions?
- What is happening in the overall public, globally?
- Cost breakup of a Hong Kong Electric bus market and key vendor selection criteria
- Where is the Hong Kong Electric bus market manufactured? What is the average margin per equipment?
- Market share of Hong Kong Electric bus market manufacturers and their upcoming products
- The most important planned Hong Kong Electric bus market in next 2 years
- Details on network of major Hong Kong Electric bus market and pricing plans
- Cost advantage for OEMs who manufacture Hong Kong Electric bus market in-house
- 5 key predictions for next 5 years in Hong Kong Electric bus market
- Average B-2-B Hong Kong Electric bus market price in all segments
- Latest trends in Hong Kong Electric bus market, by every market segment
- The market size (both volume and value) of the Hong Kong Electric bus market in 2022-2030 and every year in between?
- Global production breakup of Hong Kong Electric bus market, by suppliers and their OEM relationship