GLOBAL INTELLIGENT RAILWAY TRANSPORT SYSTEM MARKET
Smart management is an important issue for modern era where communication is the key for success. Increasing population, lifestyle, and rapid urbanization demand an interconnectivity communication system where smart rail transport is the key to meet this demand.
Intelligent railway is the fastest, and easiest way to go anywhere compare with other mode of transport. In the modern era, analog railway transports are replaced with metro, high-speed rail, sustainable transport to compensate the travel demand.
For that reason, developed countries (US, Canada, China) are leading to implement this smart system in the railway transportation sectors because of long-distance travel, cheap cost, and safety.
Intelligent railway transport is made with devices, components, solutions, and services that interconnect more closely and accurately than analog railway transport system.
Information sharing is one of the important keys in modern society where smart railway transport system gives valuable information from the customers which helps to data analysis, data modeling, and finally, decision making for planners and authority. For those reasons, government in different countries support intelligent railway transport system. And the intelligent railway market are booming day by day.
ADVANTAGE OF INTELLIGENT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
- Reduction of travel time on long-distance journey.
- Speed control of train.
- Capacity management for train.
- Incident compensate among different train.
INTELLIGENT RAILWAY TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM MARKET OPPORTUNITY
The global intelligent railway transportation market can be divided according to device and components, service, and solutions. Device and Components includes: rail sensors, video surveillance cameras, smarts cards, networking, and operational device (router, Wi-Fi, switch, multimedia display, etc.) and Service Includes: professional service, satellite service, and connective service with others.
The assessment of present intelligent railway transport market is crucial for future forecast. The present market scenario in different continents are discussed below:
- North America: North America is considered as the biggest market for intelligent railway transportation (USA, Canada). They are the leading ones for these sector. Where report says that North America’s intelligent rail market growth rate is 5.57% from 2017-2021. This indicates the booming of the intelligent railway transportation market in that region.
- South America: South America railway condition is not up to the mark where intelligent railway transport market is under dark. Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, and Peru have no railway system which is a big concern for this continent. Argentina and Chile use railway system and earn more than USD 5 million by sharing their boarding railway system. Most noticeably, Brazil is the key region for the intelligent railway transport market. In 2013-2017 the revenue is 2.6 billion Brazilian reals.
- Europe: Switzerland has the best intelligent railway transport market. Overall, Italy’s intelligent railway transport system is smooth and safe. Spain and French has well developed intelligent railway market system which is booming in recent time. On the other hand, Germany rail connectivity and speed are decent which makes the country leading in Europe. In 2019 their revenue amount is approximately 44.43 billion euros.
- Australia: The smart rail sector is crucial for Australian business and connectivity. They have over 30,000 km of rail track across the country. The sectors annually added USD 10.43 billion to the Australian economy in 2018. Massive passenger and well connectivity makes this sector leading one business in Australia.
- Asia: In Asia, China, Japan, and South Korea are advanced in intelligent railway transport system. United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), Iraq, Iran, Israel, and Qatar are on the way to intelligent railway transport system. However, India has those railway systems nonetheless, the lack of modern instruments and large rural area is the hindrance for their future intelligent railway market expansion. Overall Asia pacific railway market revenue was USD 6 billion in the year 2017 and projected to grow 14% in the year 2024. The increase of people’s income, rapid urbanization, booming economy are the reason for massive growth in railway industry in this continent.
- Africa: Rail market in Africa is not well developed. Poverty, low-income rate, massive rural area, and lack of modern facilities are the main reason for behindness of this market. However, 22 billion passengers used on railway in Africa (2019), an approximate increase of 1.7 % compared with the year 2018.
INTELLIGENT RAILWAY TRANSPORTATION COMPANY PROFILE
Overviewing the profile of some intelligent railway transportation company will give us better view of the present market situations.
- ABB: ABB is the world’s largest transport manufacturing company which is mostly popular for modern railway production. Their net income in 2019 was USD 1.439 billion.
- Indra Sistemas: Intra Sistemas is one of the smart rail manufacturing companies in the world. In 2011 years its net income was €181 million.
- Alstom: Alstom is the leading railway manufacturing company in French. Their net income was 693 million EUR in the year of 2018-2019.
- Alcatel-Lucent: Alcatel-Lucent is a global telecommunication supplier company especially they work for smart railway networking system. In the year 2010, the company earned €16 billion revenue.
- Bombardier: Bombardier is a Canadian railway manufacturing company which is mainly popular for business jets and rails. The net annual income in 2019 from the industry was 320 million USD.
- Hitachi: Hitachi is a multidimensional manufacturing company that is extremely popular for transportation manufacture especially intelligent railway components. The company’s net income in the year 2019 was 321 billion JPY.
- Cisco: Cisco is a multinational technology-based company in America. They produce different components for transportation-related fields, especially smart railway systems. In the year 2019, the company’s net income was 11.62 billion USD.
CHALLENGE FOR INTELLIGENT RAILWAY TRANSPORTATION
To implement intelligent railway transport there have several challenges like:
- Instrument Installation: For smart railway system needs modern instruments which are GPS system, Internet facilities, Radio signal, Electric facilities, Computer facilities, data storage facilities, modern rail track, etc. Which are the prime instruments for smart railway system.
- Transportation Infrastructure:Transport infrastructure is the key components for smart railway transportation where, modern building facilities, smart ticketing systems, available information through internet are the important factors.
- Internet Facilities: Internet facility is one of the main issues for the smart railway system. In intelligent railway transport, all activities are internet based and urban areas are far behind in this facilities which is the main concern for intelligent railway transport market in future.
- Skilled Manpower: Skilled manpower is the key factor for smart railway system. The number of skilled workers are limited which indicates lack of intelligent railway system around the world. Skilled manpower is essential for any kind of problem solution in intelligent railway system.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The key success factors for intelligent railway transportation are modern railway facilities, available internet facilities, skilled manpower, reliability, network connectivity, huge investments.
Though intelligent transportation is not well addressed in the present world, although people are gradually familiar with the system, and the market has huge scope for future development.
|2||Scope of the report|
|7||Insights from Industry stakeholders|
|8||Cost breakdown of Product by sub-components and average profit margin|
|9||Disruptive innovation in the Industry|
|10||Technology trends in the Industry|
|11||Consumer trends in the industry|
|12||Recent Production Milestones|
|13||Component Manufacturing in US, EU and China|
|14||COVID-19 impact on overall market|
|15||COVID-19 impact on Production of components|
|16||COVID-19 impact on Point of sale|
|17||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Geography, 2020-2025|
|18||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Product Type, 2020-2025|
|19||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Application, 2020-2025|
|20||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by End use, 2020-2025|
|21||Product installation rate by OEM, 2020|
|22||Incline/Decline in Average B-2-B selling price in past 5 years|
|23||Competition from substitute products|
|24||Gross margin and average profitability of suppliers|
|25||New product development in past 12 months|
|26||M&A in past 12 months|
|27||Growth strategy of leading players|
|28||Market share of vendors, 2020|
|30||Unmet needs and opportunity for new suppliers|