GLOBAL MOTORCYCLE ENGINE OIL MARKET
The most common grades of motorcycle engine oil, sold worldwide have viscosity rating of 10W40, 10W30,15W40,15W50 20W40 and 20W50.
In the quest for higher specific power outputs by motorcycle OEMs, the engine oil suppliers have to closely involved to remain updated with the latest requirements.
The new engine oils launched by most oil and lubricant companies are aimed at improving following characteristics
- Engine Protection
- Long Engine Life
- Low friction
- Higher resistance to oxidation
- Easy engine start-up
- Improve fuel efficiency, gear-shift and extend wet-clutch action
MOTORCYCLE ENGINE OIL MARKET SEGMENTATION
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
Asia-Pacific accounts for more than 80% consumption of motorcycle engine oil in OE as well as replacement market.
India, which is the biggest market for motorcycles/two wheeler with more than 300 Million vehicles on road, Low cost Mineral oils are more preferred to semi-synthetic and fully-synthetic oils.But, the market for synthetic oil is a fast growing one in India. especially in tier-1 cities.
The premium(fully synthetic oils) are manufactured from high quality base oil and additives and ar ethus priced at a premium of 30-60% on similar grade mineral/semi-synthetic oil.
The price of engine oil in the replacement market varies from $7-$9 per liter for semi-synthetic oil to $10-$15 per liter for fully synthetic oil.
In the replacement/aftermarket segment 1L bottles are the highest selling segment as most of the commuter segment bikes have a 110cc-125cc engine and low engine oil capacity. For engines with >200cc capacity, 2.5L bottles are more common.
The motorcycle engine oil market is estimated at XX Kilo Liters and $XXM annually.
The motorcycle engine oil market is fragmented due to presence of many 20 players. In the replacement market, which accounts for more than 50% of motorcycle engine oil market,the oil and lubricant companies have been running regional marketing campaigns to improve their sales in Asian markets.
- HP Lubricants
- Lucas Oil
- Schaeffer Manufacturing Co.
- Liqui Moly
- Royal Purple
- JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy
- Esso (Thailand) PCL
- Total Oil
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- The growth in 200cc+ motorcycle segment in India and overall battery capacity post BS VI in 2020
- How is the aftermarket engine oil value chain different in India and China?
- A detailed assessment of Chinese and Indian motorcycle engine market and the impact of ban on ICE motorcycles in major cities ?
- What will be the impact of growth in electric motorcycle sales on battery market?
- Which countries account for majority of motorcycle engine manufacturing?
- Global outlook on availability of raw materials like crude oil
- How will on-demand micro-mobility,metro expansion and ride hailing impact motorcycle engine oil sales in Asia?
TO REQUEST CUSTOMIZATION, PLEASE FILL THE CONTACT US FORM