GLOBAL MOTORCYCLE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM MARKET
Fuel injection system in motorcycles/scooters offer significant advantage over carburettor equipped vehicles
- 7-10% better fuel economy
- Better cold start performance
- 50% reduced CO and HC emissions
- 5-7% more power and torque
In Japan, which now accounts for less than 1% of global motorcycle sales. All Honda scooters were offered with Fuel injection (PGM-FI) since 2007, and the majority of models for sale in ASEAN markets were equipped with PGM-FI by 2010-2013.
In US and Europe, all motorcycles and scooters are equipped with fuel injection system. But in cost-sensitive markets like India, Pakistan and Brazil, most of the motorcycles/scooters are still equipped with carburetors.
More than 95% mtorcyles sold globally are equipped with manual throttle bodies and only ~5% are quipped with electronic throttle bodies.
MOTORCYCLE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM MARKET SEGMENTATION
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The global motorcycle sales was 55 Million units in 2018, growing at 3-4% CAGR in past two years. India and China are two biggest markets, accounting for 64% global cumulative share.
INDIA MOTORCYCLE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM MARKET
India which accounts for 37% market share of motorcycles sold globally.The overall Indian economy has slowed down to various structural reforms in the economy and legislative reforms( ABS legislation, BS III to BS VI in two years etc).There are 813 auto component suppliers in India and ~70% of them are Micro-small and Medium Enterprises (Revenue< $35Million). They have been adversely affected due to the prolonged slowdown.
At present, less than 5% scooters/motorcycles sold are fuel injected and the rest are carburetted. But, due to upcoming BS6 emission norms this is expected to change drastically and we expect more than 95% vehicles to become fuel injected. Growing Fuel injection peentration is also expected to impact electronics and lighting market. To know more about the impact on lighting market, read our report Automotive LED lighting market in India.
In the light of upcoming BS6 emission norms,Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has launched the BS-VI-compliant Activa 125 for the top 50 cities. But the impact on demand has been much less than was expected.
- Bosch (Robert Bosch GmBH)
- Continental AG
- Delphi Plc
- Denso Corporation
- Keihin Corporation
- Marelli(Calsonic Kansei Corporation)
- Walbro Engine Management LLC
- Mikuni Corporation
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- The growth in 200cc+ motorcycle segment in India and overall motorcycle fuel injection system capacity post BS VI in 2020
- A detailed assessment of Chinese and Indian motorcycle engine market and the impact of ban on ICE motorcycles in major cities ?
- What will be the impact of growth in electric motorcycle sales on motorcycle fuel injection system market?
- Which countries account for majority of motorcycle engine manufacturing?
- Global outlook on availability of raw materials like steel and aluminum
- How will on-demand micro-mobility,metro expansion and ride hailing impact motorcycle sales in Asia?
TO REQUEST CUSTOMIZATION, PLEASE FILL THE CONTACT US FORM