GLOBAL RAIL AUXILIARY CONVERTER MARKET
- In Europe,a large chunk of rail auxiliary converter orders are due to expansion of existing networks or replacement of earlier rolling stock.
- The outlook for Europe in 2020-2025 is strong and positive. Many orders are expected for high speed trains in U.K. Switzerland, Netherlands . LRV order are expected in Germany, France and the U.K., especially for commuter and regional trains as well as for metros and light rail vehicles (LRV).
- Rail transit is not as big in North America as Europe or China. US has just over 1,500km network of light rail transit whereas Canada has just over 200km network length.
- The freight rail market in North America is 3X bigger than passenger transit because of the sheer length and breadth of the two countries.
- Metro segment is among the fastest growing rolling stock segment in China. China alone accounted for 60% of global metro rail infrastructure growth in 2018.
RECENT ROLLING STOCK ORDERS
Dec 2019– CRRC started testing Chicago Series 7000 metro cars. CRRC won the order to supply upto 846 metro vehicles in 2016 and will be assembling it in the Hegewisch district.
November 2019 –Southern California’s San Bernardino County Transportation Authority awarded Stadler a contract to supply a Flirt H2 hydrogen fuel cell powered multiple-unit to enter passenger service in 2024, with an option for four more units.
September 2019- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority awarded Hyundai Rotem a $278·5 Million sole-source contract to supply 80 double-deck coaches. The new coaches will replace single deck vehicles to increase capacity on the Boston commuter rail network by more than 14 000 seats/day.
September 2019– Ontario transport authority Metrolinx ordered 36 more double-deck coaches from Bombardier Transportation to bolster GO Transit services in the Toronto area
May 2019– Southern California Regional Rail Authority awarded a joint venture of Talgo and Systra a contract worth $138 Million for the refurbishment of up to 121 Bombardier Bi-level coaches used on Metrolink commuter services
April 2019- The City of Ottawa and TransitNEXT consortium leader SNC Lavalin declared Stadler the winner of a contract to supply seven four-car Flirt diesel-electric multiple-units
- SMA Railway Technology GmbH
- KONČAR Electronics and Informatics Inc.
- ABSOPULSE Electronics
- PCS Power Converter Solutions
- APS Electronic
- Grau Elektronik
|2||Scope of the report|
|7||Insights from Industry stakeholders|
|8||Cost breakdown of Product by sub-components and average profit margin|
|9||Disruptive innovation in the Industry|
|10||Technology trends in the Industry|
|11||Consumer trends in the industry|
|12||Recent Production Milestones|
|13||Component Manufacturing in US, EU and China|
|14||COVID-19 impact on overall market|
|15||COVID-19 impact on Production of components|
|16||COVID-19 impact on Point of sale|
|17||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Geography, 2020-2025|
|18||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Product Type, 2020-2025|
|19||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Application, 2020-2025|
|20||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by End use, 2020-2025|
|21||Product installation rate by OEM, 2020|
|22||Incline/Decline in Average B-2-B selling price in past 5 years|
|23||Competition from substitute products|
|24||Gross margin and average profitability of suppliers|
|25||New product development in past 12 months|
|26||M&A in past 12 months|
|27||Growth strategy of leading players|
|28||Market share of vendors, 2020|
|30||Unmet needs and opportunity for new suppliers|