Natural gas cars can use renewable natural gas (RNG), which is a pipeline-quality gas that is totally interchangeable with regular natural gas.
RNG is essentially biogas that has undergone rigorous purification procedures. It can help lessen the impact of organic wastes and is crucial for the expansion of markets for lower carbon fuels.
A subcategory of synthetic or replacement natural gas is renewable natural gas (SNG).
The Global RNG (Renewable Natural gas) Market accounted for $XX Billion in 2021 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2022 to 2030.
To support its “sustainable logistics” goal, Bolloré Logistics USA has introduced its first Renewable Natural Gas truck at its Coppell, Texas, plant.
RNG is created from organic waste, primarily from landfills and livestock manure. These two processes catch, purify, and turn the methane they emit into fuel.
The use of this fuel significantly lowers carbon emissions because it prevents methane, a greenhouse gas 25 times more potent than CO2, from entering the environment.
Additionally, compared to the diesel vehicle used, gas emits significantly less NOx and particulate matter, which helps to lessen urban air pollution.
The importance of having low carbon footprint transportation strategies for road freight is increasing as the demand for sustainability rises.
With its partners, Bolloré Logistics is actively encouraging investment in more environmentally friendly trucking solutions.
Bolloré Logistics has pledged to reducing its scope 3 CO2 emissions produced by the execution of transport by 30% as part of its CSR program, “Powering Sustainable Logistics,” which aims to offer sustainable supply chain solutions to its clients.
In Ontario, Canada, Enbridge Gas has started a new RNG initiative whereby it will buy RNG made from local organic waste and inject it into the natural gas pipeline network.
In its locations in the UK, BP has announced plans to build RNG plants that will use organic waste to create biomethane. In the US, the business also intends to construct a new RNG plant.
Redeem, a renewable natural gas fuel generated from biological waste and available from Clean Energy Fuels Corp., can be used to power vehicles and buses. More than 40 stations in the US already provide Redeem.
Shell Energy North America (Canada) Inc. is a new RNG product that Shell recently introduced in Canada. Biogas is sourced from landfills, agricultural waste, and wastewater treatment facilities, after which it is purified and sent to clients.
A joint venture called Aurum Renewables, LLC, consisting of UGI Energy Services, LLC, a division of UGI Corporation, and Archaea Energy Inc., a division of bp, has recently been formed to develop a renewable natural gas (RNG) project at the Commonwealth Environmental Systems landfill in Hegins, Pennsylvania.
A subsidiary of Archaea, Archaea Holdings, LLC, owns 60% of the joint venture, while UGIES, a subsidiary, owns the other 40%. UGIES will contribute its current 11 megawatt landfill gas-to-electricity facility to the joint venture.
Aurum will build a new RNG factory through the joint venture where landfill gas will be converted into RNG. When the project is finished, it should be able to create about 5,000 MMBtu of pipeline-quality RNG every day.
The development, engineering, building, and operation of the new RNG plant will be led by Archaea, a market-leading RNG business, and the RNG that is created at the site will be marketed by UGIES.
A significant step in its suggested plan to reduce carbon emissions to net zero is the introduction of an optional renewable natural gas programme (RNG), according to Puget Sound Energy.
Renters, homeowners, and businesses can use renewable natural gas (RNG) to partially replace some of their traditional natural gas usage.
Customers of PSE’s utilities will have the choice to switch an equivalent amount of their conventional natural gas use to renewable natural gas under the RNG programme.
Customers receive a credit for the same amount of conventional natural gas that was not utilised for each block of RNG they purchase.
© Copyright 2017-2023. Mobility Foresights. All Rights Reserved.