SOUTH AFRICA PHARMACEUTICAL MARKET
Multinational pharmaceutical companies dominate the pharmaceutical industry. Even though the private sector offers a wider range of products, the public health sector consumes the most pharmaceuticals.
More than half of all pharmaceutical expenditures made by the public health sector are for HIV vaccines and antiretroviral (ARVs).
Several active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished pharmaceutical products are imported, despite the fact that nearly 70% of the pharmaceutical products used are manufactured locally.
The pharmaceutical development, production, marketing, and sale are strictly regulated in this industry.
The pharmaceutical industry has fared better than many other industries in the past decade in its capacity as a supplier of essential products.The cost of imported components and finished goods has increased as a result of the weak exchange rate.
The prices of pharmaceuticals used in public sector hospitals and primary care clinics have decreased as a result of price agreements between the government and suppliers.The profit margins of manufacturers continue to shrink.
Interest for sanitizers and cleanliness items because of Covid has seen various non-expert makers and providers enter the market.Suppliers of public sector sanitizer have either provided subpar products or charged exorbitant prices.
The wholesale and retail trade in pharmaceutical products are also covered in this report, which focuses on the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry in South Africa.
The sector’s state and size, as well as influencing factors like the response to the coronavirus, regulation, R&D, and competition, are all included.
SOUTH AFRICA PHARMACEUTICAL MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The South Africa Pharmaceutical Market accounted for $XX Billion in 2021 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2022 to 2030.
Aspen, a South African pharmaceutical company, opened a world-leading anaesthetics production line. This line will ensure local supply and meet growing global demand for coronavirus-related medications.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, general anaesthetics have been used more frequently because they are needed to help Covid-19 patients who are on ventilators in intensive care units.
Aspen’s factory in the southern city of Gebara has been transformed into “one of the world’s largest general anaesthetics production lines.
COVID-19:SECURITY SUPPLY FOR SOUTH AFRICA
While the majority of production will be exported globally, the company will also guarantee local security of supply, according to South African Trade Minister.
The delta variant has a NEW mutation. It was installed at the same facility where Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine production by Aspen began.
DEALS IN VACCINE PRODUCTION.
The company is in charge of the “fill and finish process,” which is the last step in the manufacturing of the vaccines.
Pfizer and BioNTech, two of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, have also signed similar agreements with Biovar in South Africa to produce vaccines.
- 3Sixty Biopharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd
- Abbott Laboratories South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Abex Pharmaceutica (Pty) Ltd
- Actor Pharma (Pty) Ltd
- Altis Biologics (Pty) Ltd
- Astellas Pharma (Pty) Ltd.
- ASTERIA PHARMACEUTICALS (Pty) Ltd
- B C C Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd
- Bayer (Pty) LTD
- Biodelta Nutraceuticals
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- What is the average cost per South Africa Pharmaceutical Market right now and how will it change in the next 5-6 years?
- Average cost to set up a Pharmaceutical Market in South Africa?
- How many South Africa Pharmaceutical Market are manufactured per annum globally? Who are the sub-component suppliers in different regions?
- What is happening in the overall public, globally?
- Cost breakup of a South Africa Pharmaceutical Market and key vendor selection criteria
- Where is the South Africa Pharmaceutical Market manufactured? What is the average margin per equipment?
- Market share of South Africa Pharmaceutical Market manufacturers and their upcoming products
- The most important planned South Africa Pharmaceutical Market in next 2 years
- Details on network of major South Africa Pharmaceutical Market and pricing plans
- Cost advantage for OEMs who manufacture South Africa Pharmaceutical Market in-house
- 5 key predictions for next 5 years in South Africa Pharmaceutical Market
- Average B-2-B South Africa Pharmaceutical Market price in all segments
- Latest trends in South Africa Pharmaceutical Market, by every market segment
- The market size (both volume and value) of South Africa Pharmaceutical Market in 2022-2030 and every year in between?
- Global production breakup of South Africa Pharmaceutical Market, by suppliers and their OEM relationship