THAILAND EV BATTERY MARKET
Several portable gadgets and electric vehicles use lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries, a kind of rechargeable battery. Compared to normal lead-acid or nickel-cadmium rechargeable batteries, they have a higher energy density.
As a result, the size of the battery pack as a whole can be decreased by battery makers. Governments all are promoting the adoption of cars utilising alternative fuels as a result of the growing concerns expressed about the environmental effect of conventional automobiles.
EVs are zero-emission cars that are becoming more and more popular for eco-friendly public transportation. To promote the use of EVs, some national governments provide financial incentives such as tax exemptions and refunds, subsidies, decreased parking/toll rates for EVs, and free charging.
THAILAND EV BATTERY MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The Thailand EV Battery Market accounted for $XX Billion in 2021 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2022 to 2027.
The research and manufacturing of zinc-ion batteries to power electric cars (EVs) would be funded by the Thai government, according to local publications quoting a major executive involved in the project.
Thailand wants to create a domestic market for electric vehicle batteries that will utilise the abundant zinc that exists there.
The government has decided to provide the NSTDA THB192 million to assist in funding the development of a pilot plant with a production capacity of one megawatt-hour of zinc-ion batteries for EVs. Zinc, manganese oxide, and graphene will be the batteries’ primary raw components.
The oil and gas conglomerate PTT of Thailand has formed a new joint venture with its power generation subsidiary Global Power Synergy (GPSC) to assess the feasibility of constructing a new electric vehicle (EV) battery plant in the nation.
Nuovo Plus will look into investment opportunities in the EV battery supply chain prior to PTT’s plans to manufacture zero-emission commercial vehicles in the nation.
Along with developing an EV charging network and creating a digital platform for EV drivers, it plans to construct a new battery production facility in Rayong, on Thailand’s eastern shore.
Additionally, GPSC intends to increase the yearly battery manufacturing capacity at its present plant in the nation from the current 30 megawatts to 1 gigawatt-hour (GWh) of semi-solid batteries.
- Amita Technology
- SAIC Motor
- Thai Rung Union Car Public Company Limited
- Global Power Synergy (GPSC)
- POSCO Chemical
- General Motors
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- What is the average cost per Thailand EV Battery Market right now and how will it change in the next 5-6 years?
- The average cost to set up an EV Battery Market in Thailand?
- How many Thailand EV Battery Market are manufactured per annum globally? Who are the sub-component suppliers in different regions?
- What is happening in the overall public, globally?
- Cost breakup of a Thailand EV Battery Market and key vendor selection criteria
- Where is the Thailand EV Battery Market manufactured? What is the average margin per equipment?
- Market share of Thailand EV Battery Market manufacturers and their upcoming products
- The most important planned Thailand EV Battery Market in the next 2 years
- Details on a network of major Thailand EV Battery Market and pricing plans
- The cost advantage for OEMs who manufacture Thailand EV Battery Market in-house
- 5 key predictions for the next 5 years in Thailand EV Battery Market
- Average B-2-B Thailand EV Battery Market price in all segments
- Latest trends in Thailand EV Battery Market, by every market segment
- The market size (both volume and value) of Thailand EV Battery Market in 2022-2027 and every year in between?
- Global production breakup of Thailand EV Battery Market, by suppliers and their OEM relationship