GLOBAL THERMAL SCANNER MARKET
- Asia and Europe will cumulatively account for 62% if global thermal scanner market demand in 2020
- United States manufactures 18% of the global manufacturing output in terms of dollars and employs 10.5% of its population in manufacturing. It is expected to be among world`s biggest market for Thermal scanners
- In India,Handheld infrared thermometers will be extensively used across various spheres such as housing societies, small shops and small and medium enterprises
- In China, many subway stations have already implemented thermal scanning which was developed by Megvii Technology. Schools have implemented thermal walk-through scanning systems which can check the temperature of 3,000 students in 30 minutes
- In South Korea,Offices, hotels and other large buildings often use thermal image cameras to identify people with fevers. Many restaurants check customers’ temperatures before accepting them. These measures were introduced in South Korea from the 2nd week of March
The thermal scanners play vital role in monitoring the pandemic characterised by fever. It is a crucial medical device that helps to prevent spread of the pandemic. The ongoing coronavirus outbreak has led to a surge in demand. The need for presence of thermal scanner at every crowded place whether it’s an airport, supermarket and hospitals has resulted in huge rise in demand of these scanners.
- Handheld Scanners
- Kiosk or Walk-through
The rise in cases of corona virus has led to install of these scanners at every airport across the world. This has led to never seen demand in the sector.
Since the supermarkets and drug stores are bound to be opened even during lockdown period, theses stores have started using hand held scanners at the entry points. This at every stores has led to increase in demand of the scanners.
Many production plants have started to install a walk through infrared body temperature scanners. This will surely increase the requirement of scanners in large scale.
US THERMAL SCANNER MARKET
Many factories have been directed by the government to install the scanners at the entry points. This will boost the scanner market in US region. Tyson Foods America’s largest food industry has announced it would be installing walk through scanners at its 3 processing plants across US.
EUROPE THERMAL SCANNER MARKET
Europe has the most number of scanner manufacturing companies as well as second highest number of COVID Positive cases. This has made Europe the leading thermal scanner market. Europe is expected to receive the thermal imaging devices from Taiwan. Dutch UAS designer Acecore Technologies in partnership with Workswell Technologies has developed drones with camera capable of thermal inspection.
Vodafone launched a heat-detection camera designed to screen people coming into buildings for signs they may be running a fever and potentially be infected with Covid-19 along with Digital Barriers.
CHINA THERMAL SCANNER MARKET
Even though most of the Chinese factories went under lockdown, the Wuhan Guide Infrared Co was working with more than 2,500 employees to meet the demand of the temperature scanning devices. It has delivered thousands of products in two weeks time. Typically, the company used to deliver only about 100 a year.
INDIA THERMAL SCANNER MARKET
Central government in India has made it mandatory to install scanners at every entry points of a government building. This will help the thermal scanner penetration in Indian market. A start-up from Gurgaon has launched a new camera with the technology of able to scan and examine the body temperature. It is also made effective to scan a crowded place.
RECENT MARKET TRENDs
- Fireintas, first A.I thermal scanner has been successfully developed by Cambridge University scholars. It has been calibrated to measure temperature at the precision at 0.2 degrees.
- The Ramco Innovation Lab Singapore based company has developed a attendance tracking system with facial recognition and thermal sensors to track the vistors.
- Vuzix in partnership with Librestream has released a range of smart glass where in thermal imaging technology is implemented. It is build for industrial and medical purposes.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst has developed a device called FluSense, predominantly to be installed in crowded places such as hospitals, waiting lounge and others to monitor public during the ongoing pandemic.
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
There have been efforts made to make people at homes also undergo test. Software developers around the world are trying to build an algorithm for a smartphone via app and features such as thermal scanner so as to take test at any location. This is expected to boost the thermal scanner market.
The only factor that could restrain the growth is, it has been seen that corona virus positive patients doesn’t necessarily possess fever symptoms which will go unnoticed through the scanners. A false sense of security will be formed, however as long as precautionary steps are taken these scanners will be in-demand till the foreseeable future.
The global Thermal scanner market is estimated at $16 Billion in 2020
Some of the leading manufacturers are Opgal (Israel), Fluke Corporation (US), FLIR Systems (US) and L3Harris Technologies (US). Few European based companies are AMETEK Land (UK), Axis Communications (Sweden) and Leonardo (Italy). Flir’s A310 fixed imaging scanner and IR200 hand held scanner are the most in demand range of products from the manufacturer.
|2||Scope of the report|
|7||Insights from Industry stakeholders|
|8||Cost breakdown of Product by sub-components and average profit margin|
|9||Disruptive innovation in the Industry|
|10||Technology trends in the Industry|
|11||Consumer trends in the industry|
|12||Recent Production Milestones|
|13||Component Manufacturing in US, EU and China|
|14||COVID-19 impact on overall market|
|15||COVID-19 impact on Production of components|
|16||COVID-19 impact on Point of sale|
|17||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Geography, 2020-2025|
|18||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Product Type, 2020-2025|
|19||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Application, 2020-2025|
|20||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by End use, 2020-2025|
|21||Product installation rate by OEM, 2020|
|22||Incline/Decline in Average B-2-B selling price in past 5 years|
|23||Competition from substitute products|
|24||Gross margin and average profitability of suppliers|
|25||New product development in past 12 months|
|26||M&A in past 12 months|
|27||Growth strategy of leading players|
|28||Market share of vendors, 2020|
|30||Unmet needs and opportunity for new suppliers|