TRENDS IN TRACTOR ENGINE MARKET
- In Europe and North America Variable geometry turbo equipped engines have been growing in volume. Compact emission treatment units including selective catalyst reduction, diesel particulate filter and diesel oxidation catalyst are also gaining prominence
- Standard and articulated tractors across the globe continue to get an increase in power as the implements become wider, larger, and heavier and continued demand to increase working speed
- OEMs are losing interest in Dual fuel powered tractors (CNG & Diesel) with focus now shifting to hybrids
- At least 10 out of 35+ tractor manufacturers globally have plans to introduce electric/hybrid tractors by 2023
- In South East Asia, fields are often tilled by contractors who prefer low cost 2-3.0L engine capacity with direct injection and 50-60 hp output tractors
GLOBAL TRACTOR ENGINE MARKET ANALYSIS
The global tractor engine market is estimated at ~2-2.2 Million units annually.
India, China and US are the top 3 tractor markets globally, accounting for ~60% share of global tractor sales. The European farm tractor market retails about 180,000-200,000 units annually.
In terms of engine specs, the tractors in Asia are vastly different from their European and American counterparts. India and China are dominated by low power output tractors(<40hp) whereas the US and European markets are dominated by >50hp tractors.
In US, after Interim tier-4 regulation came into force in 2007, cooled EGR, DPF and DOC became a standard fitment, now the replacement market for SCR and DPF cleaning has become bigger.
TRACTOR SALES IN IN INDIA(WORLD`S BIGGEST TRACTOR MARKET)
- Fiat Powertrain Technologies
- CNH Industrial
- John Deere
- CASE New Holland
- Hubei Fotma Machinery Co. Ltd
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Opportunity for tractor engine sub-component suppliers, by region, by OEM, 2019-2025
- Sales breakdown of global tractor sales by engine type, output, and model
- Upcoming tractor models, by powertrain
- Revenue growth and strategic analysis of tractor engine manufacturers globally
- Opportunities in the tractor engine after-treatment market