VLOGGING CAMERA MARKET
If writing text blogs was a hit in early 2000s, now it’s all about Video blogging or Vlogging.
SOME FACTS ON YOUTUBE
- YouTube is the #1 platform for uploading videos and associated earnings but many vloggers also upload vlogs in 20+ other platforms like Dailymotion, Twitch, Vimeo etc.
- What makes YouTube the #1 platform is that about 25-27% of world population (1.8-2B people) are YouTube logged in users today and about 20,000 hours of video content is uploaded every hour.
- As of Sep 2019, there are more than 6,000 channels with 1M+ subscribers.
- The 18-44 age group accounts for over 60% of overall audience, which makes YouTube ideally suited for marketing and more so for Influencer marketing.
- YouTube has been a massive driver for GoPro sales
NEW VLOGGING CAMERAS LAUNCHED IN THE MARKET
|Sl no||Brand||Model||Price(USD)||Launched in||Key features||Competes with|
|1||Nikon||Z50||$950||Oct 2019||20.9-megapixel,APS-C sensor, Compatible with Z Series lenses, as well as F-Mount Lenses||Sony A6400 and Fujifilm X-T30|
|2||GoPro||Hero 8 Black||$500||Oct 2019||Largely based on Hero 7 but connects to a new range of hardware add-ons||DJI’s Osmo Action camera and other mirrorless cameras|
|3||Fujifilm||X-A7||$700||Sep 2019||DCI 4K video, Articulating screen design for vloggers, 8 fps shooting||Sony A6100|
|4||Canon||EOS M200||$630||Sep 2019||Updated image processor, Eye-detect autofocus, 4K videos at 30 frames per second, 90 minutes of video recording||Sony A77II|
The vloggers are mostly influencers, who are always striving to create the best possible content to improve their channel and earnings. A good camera is a must have but it also needs to be lightweight and versatile, to be used in almost all outdoor and indoor applications. Because of this, many vloggers are now substituting their mobile phone cameras with a vlogging camera, this is an ongoing trend and could also be a potential risk to the vlogging camera market.
Future growth of vlogging cameras will also be closely linked to drone camera sales as many vloggers have both.
The vlogging camera market size is estimated at $XXM, growing at –% CAGR
VLOGGING CAMERA MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The vlogging camera market size is derived from two set of buyers, 1) who are new to vlogging and buying their first camera with a lower budget and limited features 2) experienced vloggers who understand the nuances of advanced cameras, related tech and the impact it has on their content.
The average selling price in 2019 was $200-$300 for US, Europe and Japan for most of the vlogging camera manufacturers.
We talked to 14 celebrity vloggers (>1M subscribers) and found that their average cost of camera ranged between $1,300-$1,900. But there are more than 100,000 aspiring vloggers (20k-100k subscribers) who have varying needs, budget and are always on the lookout to upgrade their equipment. Something the vlogging camera manufacturers will have to pay very close attention to.
The vlogging camera market is dominated by Asian manufacturers. 6 out of 9 manufacturers profiled in this report belong to Japan and it is because of their long-proven expertise in building all form of cameras over past many decades.
So far, Sony and Cannon have emerged as the top choice brands by vloggers and they cumulatively account for a substantial market share.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Canon Inc.
- Nikon Corporation
- Samsung Electronics
- SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
- SJCAM Limited
- YI Technology
- Garmin Ltd.
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLWING QUESTIONS
- Global Vlogging camera Market size and forecast, segmented by geography, camera type and brand
- Which market segment will grow at highest rate and why?
- Growth in influencer marketing and its impact on vlogging camera market
- Top 10 YouTube influencers in US, Europe, India and China and most popular vlogging cameras in respective regions/countries
- Pain points of vloggers related to camera and their expectation from future vlogging cameras
- Latest technical trends and developments in newly launched vlogging cameras
- Growth in number of vloggers in past two years and in 2019-2025
- Opportunity in related camera accessories market(Tripod, lens, external hard drive, memory card etc.)
- Market share of vlogging camera vendors
- Persona of popular vloggers
|4||Monthly active YouTube user base in in US, Europe, China and India|
|5||Growth in number of vloggers globally|
|6||Increase in advertising and influencer marketing 2015-2019|
|7||Most popular vlogging cameras US, Europe, China and India|
|8||New product launches by camera vendors|
|9||Popular price point and camera specs in major countries|
|10||Most important technical developments in camera market|
|11||Growth in smartphone vlogging|
|12||Top 10 YouTube influencers and their camera equipment|
|13||Latest technical trends in vlogging camera market|
|14||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Geography|
|15||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Technology|
|16||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Price|
|18||Market share of major vendors|
|19||All about local vloggers in US, Europe, China and India|
|21||E-retailing of vlogging camera|
|22||Unmet needs and Market Opportunity for new vendors|