GLOBAL WAFER EDGE INSPECTION SYSTEM MARKET
The wafer defect inspection system locates the coordinates of physical defects (also known as foreign substances or particles) and pattern flaws on wafers.
Systematic and random defects are two categories of flaws. Random defects are mostly created by particles that adhere to a wafer surface; hence, it is impossible to forecast where these particles will be.
A wafer defect inspection system’s primary job is to identify and locate faults on wafers (position coordinates). The conditions of the mask and exposure process, on the other hand, are what produce systematic flaws, which always appear in the same place on the projected circuit pattern of all the dies. They occur in places with extremely challenging exposure circumstances that call for precise adjusting.
Inspection of the wafer edge from three angles, Using just one camera, the sensor, which is built into the pre-aligner, produces a triple view of the edge.
Even in the millimetre range, the technology reliably finds flaws including chippings, scratches, grinding marks, and other residues. Long machine downtimes and consequently substantial expenses might result from wafer breakage during the polishing process.
The wafer edge’s edge flaws, such as chippings, scratches, or microcracks, frequently cause the damage. WafQScan and CrackScan inspection tools can optionally expand to include EdgeScan.
With just one piece of equipment, this combination offers thorough wafer inspection, including inspection of the front and back surfaces as well as the wafer edges. EdgeScan is applicable to front-end and back-end operations. Early on, before they enter later operations, defective wafers are discarded.
GLOBAL WAFER EDGE INSPECTION SYSTEM MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The Global Wafer edge inspection system Market accounted for $XX Billion in 2022 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2023 to 2030.
A vital part of every semiconductor manufacturer’s metrology capabilities, Hitachi High-Tech Corporation (“Hitachi High-Tech”) today announced the release of the Hitachi Dark Field Wafer Defect Inspection System.
Designed to find imperfections and particles on patterned wafers in diameter,is a high-speed metrology instrument.
They assure device dependability and safety because of its high throughput and performance, especially in highly sensitive applications like the Internet of Things (IoT) and the automotive industry.
By comparing the circuit pattern images of the adjacent dies, the wafer defect detection system finds faults. As a result, systematic flaws can go undetected by a wafer defect inspection system.
A bare wafer or a patterned process wafer can both be subjected to inspection. These all have various system configurations. The patterned wafer inspection system and the non-patterned wafer inspection system are described below in more detail.
The non-patterned wafer inspection system is used for equipment condition checks using dummy bare wafers to check the cleanliness of equipment, wafer shipping inspection by wafer makers, wafer incoming inspection by device manufacturers, and wafer incoming inspection by device manufacturers.
Both the device manufacturer and the equipment manufacturer perform the equipment condition check during the equipment arriving inspection and shipment inspection, respectively.
A bare wafer for cleanliness monitoring is inserted into the apparatus to check its cleanliness, and the stage within is then moved to watch for an increase in particle size.
- MTI Instruments
- Brain Domain India Private Limited.
- Rudolph Technologies
- Tosei Systems Co., Ltd.
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- How many Wafer edge inspection systems are manufactured per annum globally? Who are the sub-component suppliers in different regions?
- Cost breakup of a Global Wafer edge inspection system and key vendor selection criteria
- Where are the Wafer edge inspection systems manufactured? What is the average margin per unit?
- Market share of Global Wafer edge inspection system market manufacturers and their upcoming products
- Cost advantage for OEMs who manufacture Global Wafer edge inspection system in-house
- key predictions for next 5 years in Global Wafer edge inspection system market
- Average B-2-B Wafer edge inspection system market price in all segments
- Latest trends in Wafer edge inspection system market, by every market segment
- The market size (both volume and value) of the Wafer edge inspection system market in 2023-2030 and every year in between?
- Production breakup of Wafer edge inspection system market, by suppliers and their OEM relationship