INDIA AIRBAG FABRIC MARKET
Airbag fabrics are typically high-strength woven materials that keep their physical integrity against fast inflation by an inert gas to cushion impacts.
Typically, woven fabric which may be coated or uncoated and must be impermeable to gasses and flame resistant is used to make airbags. For general manufacturing and automotive uses, airbag cushions are typically woven from nylon textiles.
INDIA AIRBAG FABRIC MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The India airbag fabric market accounted for $XX Billion in 2021 and is anticipated to reach $XX Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of XX% from 2022 to 2030.
In India’s Gujarat state, in the Sarigam Industrial Estate, Toray Industries, Inc. announced the opening ceremony of a new factory for producing airbag fabric owned by Toray Kusumgar Advanced Textile Private Limited.
In collaboration with the Indian company Kusumgar Corporates private limited, which creates and markets functional textiles, TKAT makes and markets airbag fabric. As auto production rises and crash testing becomes mandated, the demand for airbag fabric is anticipated to rise in India, and the opening of the new plant is intended to meet this rise in demand.
The largest airbag manufacturer in the world, Autoliv, was contacted by TATA Motors, a major automaker in India, to produce an airbag for its new car, the Nano, that will be in compliance with global safety requirements and cost no more than $10. The price of this airbag would be the lowest in the world; they typically cost at least $150.
These airbags will be included in the two deluxe Nano models, according to the firm. The value of airbags as car safety restraint systems has increased significantly during the past ten years.
The industry is preparing for both an opportunity and a cost issue as the Indian government prepares to mandate the installation of six airbags in all new passenger vehicle models sold in India. Even though the law would greatly increase the volume of airbags sold, a sizable investment is still needed to localise these technology.
Consumer awareness of road safety is rising, and government requirements are pushing OEMs to design new models with curtain airbags that protect the side windows. However, older platforms may still need to be reengineered to comply with the forthcoming need.
Maruti Suzuki, the largest automaker in India, has expressed concern about the new regime and warned that it may have to completely leave the entry-level small car market because the targeted market would no longer be able to purchase the vehicles, severely hurting the company’s profitability.
Increased safety features in cars will undoubtedly boost costs, but only temporarily, according to Joyson Anand Abhishek Safety Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Indorama Ventures Public Company.
- Hyosung Global Safety Textiles
- Toyobo Co., Ltd.
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Kolon Industries.
- HMT (Xiamen) Co.
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- What is the average cost per India airbag fabric market right now and how will it change in the next 5-6 years?
- Average cost to set up an airbag fabric market in India?
- How many India airbag fabric markets are manufactured per annum globally? Who are the sub-component suppliers in different regions?
- What is happening in the overall public, globally?
- Cost breakup of a India airbag fabric market and key vendor selection criteria
- Where is the India airbag fabric market manufactured? What is the average margin per equipment?
- Market share of India airbag fabric market manufacturers and their upcoming products
- The most important planned India airbag fabric market in next 2 years
- Details on network of major India airbag fabric market and pricing plans
- Cost advantage for OEMs who manufacture India airbag fabric market in-house
- 5 key predictions for next 5 years in India airbag fabric market
- Average B-2-B India airbag fabric market price in all segments
- Latest trends in India airbag fabric market, by every market segment
- The market size (both volume and value) of India airbag fabric market in 2022-2030 and every year in between?
- Global production breakup of India airbag fabric market by suppliers and their OEM relationship