Ultrasonic sensors have been used for object detection in the automotive industry since late 1990s.
The ultrasonic technology is a popular and cost-effective solution for reverse and assisted parking. The ultrasonic sensor-based parking systems have evolved from simply detecting an object’s presence and alerting drivers to an object’s proximity to complete autonomous parking of the car with minimal driver inputs.
NUMBER OF ULTRASONIC SENSORS REQUIRED PER DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM
|Sl no||ADAS||Required number of sensor(s) per Vehicle|
|1||Side view assist||4|
|4||Low speed emergency braking||12|
Typically, these ultrasonic systems require between 4 to 12 sensors placed around the corners of the car.
MARKET GROWTH BY 2020-2021
By 2019-20, many parts of the world will require the installation of park assist systems in new cars for object detection and avoidance to improve safety. But ultrasonic sensors also face increasing substitution risk by mm Wave radars which have bigger range, wider field of view, can identify velocity and angle of object and are largely unaffected by dirt accumulated on bumper and interference from other cars.
Apart from parking, ultrasonic sensors can also be used in measurement of oil pressure (with electric oil pump), height and pressure of air springs. Therefore, the growth of vehicle electrification will be an important driver for automotive ultrasonic sensor market.
- European Luxury car OEMs(Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, JLR)
- VW Group
- PSA Group
- Chinese OEMs(WM Motors, NIO, Byton, Geely)
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Parking aid
- Autonomous parking
- Remote park assist
By Market Segment
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The automotive ultrasonic sensor market is estimated at $XXM in 2019 and growing at –%CAGR till 2025.
There are more than 20 players active in the automotive ultrasonic sensor market and we have profiled the top 15.
The OE segment is driven by legislations and high growth of L1-L2 ADAS automated vehicles being sold globally.
Apart from OE segment, there is a significantly bigger market in aftermarket segment of automotive ultrasonic sensor market, catered by more than 50 players.
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Bosch Mobility Solutions (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- Murata Manufacturing Co, Ltd
- Scorpion Automotive Ltd
- Panasonic Automotive Systems Europe
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Denso Corporation
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Migatron Corp.
- Stonkam Co, Ltd
- Shenzhen Auto Sensor Industrial
- Audiowell Electronics (Guangdong) Co.,Ltd
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Automotive ultrasonic sensor Market size and forecast, 2019-2025
- Average B-2-B price per ultrasonic sensor, segmented by region
- Important opportunities and trends in passenger and commercial vehicle ultrasonic sensor market
- Market share of leading vendors and OE-supplier alignment in Automotive ultrasonic sensor market
- Impact of upcoming L3 autonomous vehicles on Automotive ultrasonic sensor market