GLOBAL MARINE SOLAR PANEL MARKET
A solar panel is fundamentally a battery charger that transforms solar energy into electrical energy(DC charge).Most marine solar systems comprise three major components i.e solar panels,charge controller and batteries. To know more about Marine batteries, read our Marine Lithium battery market report
Solar Panel Applications in Marine/ boating industry
1. Maintenance charging for boats on anchoring/moorings
2. Supplementing engine-based charging during cruising
3. Sole-energy source in absence of on-board Diesel generator
Solar-power efficiency has undergone significant developments in recent years. Small boat owners often use solar panels as supplementary power generator which are also environment friendly with zero noise.There are three type of marine solar panels on sale today.
- Mono-crystalline -Cells have the highest efficiency rates because they are cut from a single crystal of the high grade silicon, have the superior life expectancy (20+ years), and consume less space due to their high efficiency
- Poly-crystalline- Cells, made from recycled silicon, comparatively less efficient and often less durable
- Amorphous/Flexible – These solar panels are flexible panels , low cost, and least efficient.
Efficiency of solar panels range from as low as 9-10%, for flexible panels, to about 16-18% for poly-crystalline panels, and 21-23% for mono-crystalline panels.
Crystalline panels degrade much slower than flexible/amorphous type and therefore produce energy for a longer period of time(20+ years), as compared to flexible/amorphous type which have shorter warranties (3-5 years).
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The aluminum-framed solar panels are the least expensive, as they are manufactured via a modular construction process. The crystalline panels are highly specialized items made in small quantities, so they’re more expensive.
The marine solar panel market is estimated at XX units per annum, growing at ~X% CAGR till 2025.US accounts for almost ~30% of global marine solar panel sales per annum
- Suaoki SunPower
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Market Size and Forecast of marine solar panel market, by region, by price and by power output(Volume and Value)
- Market Trends,risks, drivers and opportunities in global marine solar panel market
- Market share of suppliers, and their painpoints
- Growth strategy of marine solar panel suppliers and opportunity in charter market
- Important distributors of marine solar panels in US , Europe and Asia