Asia is the most densely populated region in the world and motorcycles are major source of commuting for more than 4 Billion population inhabiting in the region. It is also the most unsafe region for motorcycle riders as more than 73% of global motorcycle related deaths occurred in Asian countries in 2018.
Exceeding the speed limit has been found to be the cause of more than 50% road accidents and thus Antilock-Braking system(ABS) has the potential to reduce road fatalities by a significant margin ,therefore we are seeing a renewed push for it by many governments.
India is now the biggest motorcycle market globally after China banned gasoline powered two wheelers in all big cities in 2014.In 2018, India produced and sold 20+ Million two wheelers as compared to just 15.5 Million by China.
The ABS legislation for two wheelers in India which came into effect in April 2019 will be the biggest growth driver for motorcycle ABS market in Asia. To know more about Motorcycle ABS market in India, read our report.
Single channel ABS is getting prominence in the Asian market owing to high share of low cost 150cc bikes (priced at <$1,500) sold in the region. In the dual channel ABS segment, the growth in big bike(>400cc) manufacturing in Thailand due to ASEAN trade pact (lower single digit tariffs on import) is an important growth driver.
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
Honda,Hero,Yamaha, TVS and Bajaj are among the leading motorcycle manufacturers in Asia. Honda accounts for every third motorcycle sold in Asia and has more than 60% market share in ASEAN region.
Since two-wheelers in Asia are predominantly used for commuting to work and other intracity usage, the share of 50-125cc bikes in total sales is more than 85%. These vehicles either have dual drum brake setup or just a front disc with rear drum.
But off late things have been changing, as growth in income coupled with younger demography is fuelling demand for aspirational products. For example, the recent launch and success of KTM 125 in India implies that there is underlying demand for premium bikes in 125cc range. If KTM 125 succeeds in getting consistent volumes, we might see a few more premium 125cc models with single/dual channel ABS.
The motorcycle ABS market in Asia is estimated at XX Million units in 2019, growing at –% CAGR till 2023.
The motorcycle ABS market in Asia is fairly consolidated with less than 10 OEMs present in the market. Bosch, Continental and Nissin are among the market leaders, cumulatively accounting for more than 70% market share.
We expect many new entrants in the Indian motorcycle ABS market given high volumes and low cost requirement of domestic manufacturers.
- Bosch India
- Continental India Pvt Limited
- BWI Group
- Nissin India Pvt Limited
- Brembo Brake India Pvt Limited
- ZF India Pvt Limited
- Brakes India Pvt Limited
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Market Size and Forecast of motorcycle ABS market in Asia, by top 6 countries (Volume and Value)
- Growth potential of low cost-single channel ABS market in India
- The impact of electric two-wheeler market on the motorcycle ABS market in Asia
- The growth in 200cc+ motorcycle segment in India and overall ABS manufacturing capacity post ABS legislation in 2019
- Most important ABS legislations in effect and upcoming segmented by engine capacity
- A detailed assessment of ASEAN motorcycle market, growth in assembly of big bikes and its impact on ABS market
- The impact of Indian and Chinese economy slowdown and tariff war on two wheeler ABS market in Asia
- How will on-demand micro-mobility, metro rail expansion and ride hailing impact motorcycle sales in Asia?
- OE-supplier alignment in motorcycle ABS market in Asia
- Market share of leading players in different segments
- Average B-2-B price in all segments
- What`s happening in the ABS raw material/sub-component supply chain?
- Most important new product launches and partnerships among suppliers
|4||Insights from Industry stakeholders||11|
|5||Key criteria for ABS system vendor selection by two-wheeler OEMs||12-13|
|6||Motorcycle ABS manufacturing in India||14-15|
|7||Breakdown of two-wheeler brake system by sub-component||16-17|
|8||Impact of ABS norms in India on Motorcycle ABS market in Asia||18-19|
|9||Overview of braking system used on Motorycles in Asia||20-21|
|10||Expected growth of electric two-wheelers in Asia 2019-2023||22-23|
|11||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Product type||29-38|
|5||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Application||39-50|
|6||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Country||51–69|
|16||Market share of vendors-2019||72|
|17||OEM-supplier alignment in Motorcycle ABS market||73-74|
|19||Unmet needs and Market Opportunity for suppliers||83|
|21||5 Key predictions||85|