GLOBAL SAILBOAT MARKET
- North America and France comprise ~43% share of global sailboat market with avg yearly revenue of ~$180-$200 Million.
- France, Netherlands and Germany are the biggest exporters of sail boats worldwide, cumulatively accounting for ~$1 Billion of export revenue per annum
- In US, sailboat park population was 1.6 Million units in 2018, followed by UK at 0.2 Million units.About 30% sailboats sold in US are imported from various countries.
There is a significant and growing proportion of sail boat enthusiasts who are now looking for better on-board living convenience, lower maintenance, and a more natural sailing experience.
Sailboats require engines with sail drives which create low resistance under sail and high efficiency during power. 40-75hp output engines are most preferred choice of sailboat owners.
In Latin America, Argentina is among the biggest market for saiboats where locally built sailboats are very popular. In Asia, SouthKorea is an important and fast growing market, where lesiure boat population has gone past 30,000 in 2018. About 4,000 new boats are registered annually and 50% of them are sailboats.
In Europe, Poland is a major exporter of sailboats, more than 90% sailboats produced in Poland are exported worldwide.Sailboat manufacturing in Taly accounts for $140-$150M revenuer per annum.
SouthAfrics is also a major manufacturer and exporter of single hull and multi-hull sail boats.
The continued escalation of EU-US trade war places enormous risks to the supply chain of boating industry in US and Europe..Aluminium is a critical raw material for boat and marine component manufacturing, and increased costs for US manufacturers to source aluminum will adversely impact sailboat market.
The trend of late in cruising multi-hulls has certainly been toward catamarans, to know more about developments in Catamaran market, read our report.
MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The global sailboat market is estimated at $XXM annually.
SPBI and Construction Navale Bordeaux are France’s two top boat builders, both operated by Beneteau, produce 60-70% of French sailboat exports, annually.
- Najad and Arcona Yachts
- MCP Yachts
- Hake Marine
- Sun Odyssey
- Grand Soleil
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Market Size and Forecast of sailboat market, by region, by price and by length(Volume and Value)
- Market Trends,risks, drivers and opportunities in global sailboat market
- Market share of sailboat manufacturers and engine suppliers
- Opportunity for solar module and battery manufacturers, kitchen equipment, telematics, sail fabric suppliers
- Growth strategy of sailboat manufacturers and opportunity in charter market