US AUTOMOTIVE CAMERA MARKET
US is world`s biggest passenger car market in terms of value, estimated at $630 Billion in 2019. As average transaction prices per car in US was ~ $38,000 in 2019, it was ~40% higher than Europe, 75% higher than China and ~280% higher than India.
ADAS FITMENT IN US
There are 285 passenger car models on sale in US as of June 2020. Camera based ADAS is offered at least as an option on 170+ models
As U.S. is among world`s biggest ADAS Market, various features supported by Camera are offered on top-selling vehicles
- Auto Beam Headlights: (Camera to detect incoming traffic to control high beam)
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking: (Camera to detect collision)
- BLIS with Cross traffic alert / Trailer coverage: (Radars on both sides towards the back)
- Rear view camera: (Camera at the back of the vehicle)
- Lane keeping system: (Camera to scan lane markings in the front of the car)
- Intelligent adaptive cruise control: (Mix of advanced radar and camera to read signs and control speed depending on area and set speed)
- Evasive steering assist: (Uses radar and camera of pre-existing Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking to avoid crashing while turning)
- Reverse brake assist: (Radar is used to provide warning while reversing the car)
- Active park assist: (Steering is controlled automatically during parallel park, radar detects space for car to park)
- Pro trailer backup assist: (Camera tracks trailer’s position, knob controls trailer’s movement while system controls steering)
- Traffic sign recognition: (Camera in the front to read road signs)
US AUTOMOTIVE CAMERA MARKET, BY OEM
- The top selling models for Ford in USA are F 150 (7 variants), Escape (5 variants), Explorer (6 variants), Fusion (4 variants) and Edge (4 variants). Among these all variants have pre collision assist with automatic emergency braking as standard. Blind spot monitoring is present across all the variants of Escape and Fusion without trailer coverage
- The top selling models of Toyota in USA are RAV4 (10 variants), Camry (12 variants), Corolla (8 variants), Tacoma (6 variants) and Highlander (5 variants). Automatic high beam is present across Camry, Corolla and Tacoma variants. Pre collision system with Pedestrian Detection is present across all variants of RAV 4, Camry, Corolla, Tacoma and Highlander
- Honda’s top selling vehicles in USA in 2019 were CR-V (4 variants), Civic (5 variants) and Accord (6 variants). Lane keeping assist system is present across all variants of above-mentioned vehicles. Rear view camera is standard across all variants of CR-V, Civic and Accord
- Nissan’s top selling vehicles in USA in 2019 were Rogue (3 variants), Sentra (3 variants) and Altima (5 variant). Automatic emergency braking is present in all Rogue and Sentra trims and in 1 Altima variants. Forward collision warning is present in all Sentra and Altima trims
- RAM 1500 had an average transaction price of $60,000 in 2019. Out of the 7 variants, 4 had forward collision warning with active braking has part of a package. 1 trim had Blind Spot monitoring system. 4 had adaptive cruise control and lane sense departure has part of a package
- GM is offering Autonomous Emergency braking as a standard fitment only on the popular Crossover Equinox, whereas the Silverado gets it only as an optional extra on 2 out of 8 trims. Adaptive cruise control is available on multiple models but only on the higher variants
- In the Premium segment, which accounted for ~12% of annual new car sales in US in 2019, Adaptive cruise control is offered as a standard fitment on almost all models. Lexus offers Blind spot information system only as an optional extra
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ON US CAR MARKET
As Coronavirus rattles auto markets worldwide, US is no exception to that. Although, May sales inched close to a million units, they are still far away from ~1.4-1.5 million units seen per month earlier.
Many Car manufacturers introduced lucrative schemes in March-May 2020 to arrest the slump. For example, the Detroit 3 offered unprecedented 0%, 84 Month lease options which worked very well to uplift consumer buying sentiment. Hyundai went a notch higher and was among the first brands to introduce 0% financing for 84 months, deferred payments for 4 Months and a job-loss insurance to cover up to six payments.
Depressed fleet sales were a significant contributor to lower overall volume in May 2020, which is expected to recover gradually in the latter half of 2020.the retirement age buyers most vulnerable to the Corona virus are yet to return to the market.
We believe, the US auto sales will come back to 17 Million (Pre-Corona virus) level only by 2022-23.
US AUTOMOTIVE CAMERA MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
US camera market will be driven by growing ADAS fitment on American cars and light trucks, a trend that started in early 2010s and has continued to grow even till now.
Japanese OEMs like Toyota and Honda have been at the forefront of ADAS especially camera based ADAS.
The US Automotive camera market is estimated at $XX Million in 2020, growing at –% CAGR till 2025.
There are more than 15 ADAS camera manufacturers supplying to various platforms in the US automotive camera market. Earlier, the suppliers were banking on the growth in Semi-autonomous technology for cars and more investments in fully autonomous prototypes but now as car manufactures hold on to cash and shelve expensive projects, that opportunity will not be accessible at least till 2024-25.
We expect reduction in average B-2-B prices for ADAS camera( both Mono and Stereo) as the market becomes more price sensitive and highly dependent on ADAS fitment in passenger cars.
THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- US Automotive Camera Market Size and Forecast, 2020-2025
- Camera Fitment by ADAS technology, 2020-2025
- Cameras installed per OEM, 2020-2025
- OE-Supplier alignment and Market share of leading vendors, 2020
- Coronavirus impact on US Automotive Camera Market in 2020-2025
|2||Scope of the report|
|7||Insights from Industry stakeholders|
|8||Cost breakdown of Product by sub-components and average profit margin|
|9||Disruptive innovation in the Industry|
|10||Technology trends in the Industry|
|11||Consumer trends in the industry|
|12||Recent Production Milestones|
|13||Component Manufacturing in US, EU and China|
|14||COVID-19 impact on overall market|
|15||COVID-19 impact on Production of components|
|16||COVID-19 impact on Point of sale|
|17||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Geography, 2020-2025|
|18||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Product Type, 2020-2025|
|19||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by Application, 2020-2025|
|20||Market Segmentation, Dynamics and Forecast by End use, 2020-2025|
|21||Product installation rate by OEM, 2020|
|22||Incline/Decline in Average B-2-B selling price in past 5 years|
|23||Competition from substitute products|
|24||Gross margin and average profitability of suppliers|
|25||New product development in past 12 months|
|26||M&A in past 12 months|
|27||Growth strategy of leading players|
|28||Market share of vendors, 2020|
|30||Unmet needs and opportunity for new suppliers|