AUTOMOTIVE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM MARKET
- As of April 2020, smartphone connectivity features like Android Auto, Apple car play and Baidu car Life are offered at-least as standard or on top trim on 81% of vehicles sold globally
- In Europe, where 426 vehicle models are on sale, 7 inch touchscreens are standard on vehicles priced between 12,000-15,000 Euros. 8 inch touchscreens are standard on 5 out of top 10 best-selling vehicles
- In US, 7 inch touchscreens are standard on 4 out of 30 top-selling vehicles whereas 8 inch and bigger screens are standard on 18 top 30 vehicles. Voice activated navigation is the #1 trend in the US automotive touchscreen infotainment market
- In Japan, Car manufacturers have given less preference to connected services and Infotainment system and more weightage to ADAS.Features like Pre car safety (Collision avoidance support type with pedestrian detection function/ Millimeter wave radar + monocular camera system), Lane departure alert, Automatic high beam and ACC are standard on many vehicles but touchscreen infotainment is a paid optional
In vehicle entertainment (IVI) has always been an important feature for car manufactures and owners alike, improving the overall car ownership and driving experience.
Till early 2000s, IVI in most cars was limited to just radio and music until GPS became accurate enough for drivers.
By 2010, many standard, mid and high segment cars had 2-Din systems, which had Bluetooth connectivity, navigation and multi-media display. In early 2010s, the car industry saw the advent of in-car Wi-fi with smartphone app integration as a major selling point.
Fast forward 2020, and now touchscreen infotainment system is a quintessential feature of almost every passenger car sold globally.
The global smartphone penetration as of Oct 2019 stands at 68% and >80% for car buyers, thus car entertainment cannot be secluded from smartphone connectivity. This is also the reason why Smartphone connectivity using CarPlay or Android Auto is becoming a default feature in most cars. These features allow users to have the same interface with their cars as their phone, allowing higher degree of personalization.
THE ON-SET OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES
Touchscreen infotainment systems are now also seen as “the enabler” for auxiliary means of revenue generation from car sharing, vehicle subscription etc. But in Post COVID-19 world, we belive there will be a consumer shift from sharing services to personal mobility.
With the blistering growth of EV market, touchscreen infotainment market got a major boost as it is a must to find nearest charging station, vehicle range status, drive mode and other important vehicle parameters.
As discussed earlier, consumers are now looking for higher degree of personalization and that is where Artificial intelligence(AI) has started to make a world of difference.
AI can completely personalize the user experience by predicting his/her next choice in a few seconds which would otherwise require a physical effort. The growth of AI could also allow cloud-based content to be monetized to a greater degree.
The importance of AI in automotive touchscreen infotainment systems can be judged by the fact that more than 10 partnerships between auto and tech companies have been struck in past 12 months alone.
Amazon`s Echo voice assistant will be available on Volvo and BMW whereas Alibaba`s version will be available in the Chinese market on Audi, Renault and Honda.
Among the 400+ EV startups in China, the upcoming Byton M-Byte will have a 48-inch display, running the entire length of dashboard and Qiantu K 50 has a 15.6 inch screen as standard.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENTS IN AUTOMOTIVE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM MARKET
Globally, the automotive operating system is gearing from single function towards the intelligent tiered, modularized and platform-based development. For example,in future, Volkswagen will have one uniform software platform(consisting of vehicle operating system “vw.os” and the Volkswagen Automotive Cloud) for all vehicles throughout the Group. By 2025, all new models from the VW group are to run on this software platform.
In future, we expect further evolution of domain controllers like cockpit domain controller to integrate ADAS, connected car gateway and heads-up display resulting in cost optimization and reduced weight.
AUTOMOTIVE TOUCHSCREEN INFOTAINMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
The automotive touchscreen infotainment system offered in budget, A- segment cars cost <$200 per unit, offer a 6-7-inch touch screen, less responsive- resistive touch screen, Bluetooth connectivity, low power processors and low pixel density display.
In the mid, B-C segment cars, a 7-8-inch capacitive touch- screen, with smartphone connectivity is standard with optional on-board connectivity and navigation.
In Europe,Volkswagen has equipped its cars with e-Sim on higher trim cars like Golf, Polo, Tiguan, T-roc and Passat. These cars are equipped with 8 inch Centre console touch display as standard and Passat gets 9.2 inch touch display as Option and the
Mobile interconnect services like Android auto and Apple car Play are provided on higher trim.
In the premium segment, 10-12-inch screens can be commonly found with voice recognition,HD display, AI assistant, augmented-reality navigation,20+ remote controlled features (enabled via e-sim).
The global automotive infotainment system market size is estimated at $XX Billion in 2019, growing at –% CAGR till 2025. Due to COVID-19, the global automotive infotainment market is expected to decline by at-least 18% worldwide in 2020.
The global automotive infotainment system market value chain is comprised of four categories of vendors i.e. touchscreen display providers, technology providers, chip/processor/storage providers and ultimately the integrators (complete system providers) who work closely with the car manufacturer to deliver the complete infotainment system to be fitted on the vehicle assembly line.
In China, many domestic vendors have developed their own operating system to be deployed across all vehicles in the portfolio. For Ex- In February 2020, NIO launched the NIO OS 2.5.0 version in-car system and upgraded three important aspects of its vehicles i.e , NIO Pilot automatic assisted driving, digital instrument cluster and suspension.
ARCFOX( BAIC`s upcoming EV brand to be launched in May 2020) has new generation 5G chip from Huawei which is Industry’s first 5G-V2X hardware module.
COMPANY PROFILES (Complete System providers)
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Bosch Group
- Harman International Industries
- Visteon Corporation
- Aptiv Plc
- Panasonic Corporation
COMPANY PROFILES (Technology Providers)
- Microsoft Corporation
- Alphabet Inc.
- Baidu Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Tencent Holdings
- Huawei Technologies Co, Ltd
- Alibaba Group
- Tata Elexsi Ltd
COMPANY PROFILES (Chip/ Graphic Processor and storage Providers)
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Tuxera, Inc.
- SanDisk Automotive
COMPANY PROFILES (Touchscreen display Providers)
- Cathode Electronics
- Synaptics Incorporated
- Atmel Corporation
THIS REPORT WILL ANWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Which region will be the biggest automotive infotainment system market in 2019-2025? Which vehicle segment offers highest growth opportunity and why?
- Growth of vertical and >10-inch touchscreen segment?
- After climate control, navigation, handsfree calling what will be the next set of features controlled by voice command?
- Role of AI in present and future gen touch screen infotainment system
- The linkage of ADAS, safety, Connectivity and information with future gen touch screen infotainment system
- What`s happening in the software/technology front of automotive touchscreen infotainment market? Will the automotive grade Linux be the base source code for all OEMs?
- Dependence of autonomous technology development on touch screen infotainment market and vice-versa
- Revenue generated by monthly entertainment subscription services
- Ongoing important developments in V-2-X and cybersecurity, pertaining to global connected car market?
- The future of automotive touchscreen infotainment system controlled via OTA (over-the-air updates) and its impact on on-board diagnostics
- Market share of leading suppliers and their future growth strategies
- OEM-supplier alignment in global automotive touchscreen infotainment market
- Who will be the leading supplier of software for touchscreen infotainment system?
- Detailed comparison of top 10 OEM developed connected car platforms and their features
- Technological developments in touchscreen glass ,related electronics and market leaders
|4||Insights from Industry stakeholders||11|
|5||Key criteria for touchscreen system vendor selection by OEMs||12-13|
|6||Touchscreen system manufacturing in US, Europe and China||14-15|
|7||Breakdown of new EV concept vehicles by infotainment system||16-17|
|8||Upcoming new gen touch screen infotainment system by mass and premium manufacturers||18-19|
|9||Ongoing important developments in V-2-X and cybersecurity||20-21|
|10||Top 10 OEM developed connected car platforms and their features||22-23|
|11||Linkage of ADAS, safety, Connectivity and information with future gen touch screen infotainment system||29-38|
|12||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Vehicle segment||29-38|
|13||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Screen size||39-48|
|14||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Vehicle type||49-65|
|15||Market Size ,Dynamics and Forecast By Geography||66-78|
|17||OEM-supplier relationship in touchscreen infotainment system market||27-28|
|19||Unmet needs and Market Opportunity for suppliers||96-97|
|21||5 Key predictions||100|